Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Changing Ourselves, Changing Our World


I was scrolling down my Facebook wall feeds, when the quote above caught my eye. It appeared at the right day and time. I was having a discussion with a Buddhist friend about the current situation in Malaysia and we spoke about how fruitless it was for people to wallow in negativity about our country.

My friend is the leader of a small Buddhist community in PJ. I immediately showed him the quote above, and then it was decided: I was to give a talk along the same theme in 2 Jan 2017 - a great start for the new year.

So, I gave a talk yesterday on "Changing Ourselves, Changing Our World". The essence of the talk was: we are all interconnected. And, that it is not an accident or some kind of haphazard design that we are born at this country, at this time and place, with our current government, with our parents... In short, we are at our current situation, not by mere accident, but for a reason. There is a karmic reason for this.

Each one of us, created this worldly situation together, in our past. That's why we are in this together, at our present time. And as we each take responsibility to change ourselves; to let go the stories, the patterns that is inside us that is creating the external problems, we change the world outside. Because we are interrelated; because we are in a huge web of life.

That's the summery of what I spoke about yesterday morning. A good start to this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment