Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tao In Parent's Living Room



If there is a theme to describe the Dec 2016 holidays, it would be family time and bonding. Yes, throughout that holiday season, I restricted my time to pure family time.

So here I was, at my parent's living room with Baby Nephew. Brother just plonked his baby onto my lap, and so, I decided to give him a quick, impromptu craniosacral therapy session. Not an actual professional session of course, but good enough to get him nicely relaxed, comfortable and sleepy. Hahaha!

It was a special time for this therapist aunt, as baby and I bonded through pure presence and breathing belly to belly together. 

I shared these photos on my Facebook page and a few of my friends asked me how did I do that? What kind of work did I do to Baby Nephew such that he got so relaxed and comfortable? Did you massaged him? 

No, I did not massaged him. There's no massage in cranial work. Just very light, gentle touches, and hands that acts like ears; hands that listen to the bones, nerves, heart beat, breath beat and the flowing rivers within the human body. And just like a counselor that listens to a client's pain thus empowering her to change, so is a craniosacral therapist. We listen through our hands, bearing witness to our clients' sufferings, fully knowing that this will create tremendous change in our clients' health. And this is exactly what happens during a craniosacral session.

Anyway, here are photos of Aunt Therapist, Baby Nephew Client and Grandpa after the mini session.


Tao in my parent's living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment