Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Most Sinister Butterfly


Once upon a time,
while flirting with colourful dreams,
a most sinister, pompous butterfly
fluttered up my nose.
"Go away, you nasty, annoying butterfly,"
said I, swatting him with my hands
I swatted him right,
I swatted him left.
But he didn't want to go away!
Instead,
he gave me a most wicked grin,
and peered straight into my eyes, and said,
"I certainly am not going away.
I'll stay right here,
in front of you;
my presence annoying you,
torturing you.
My wings,
flapping and fluttering,
creating ripples all around you,
and all over you;
making you dizzy
and spinning with angst.

Pay attention Little One!
Do not fear me.
Do not hate me.
Do not call me names,
What you see in me,
you see in yourself.
For I am Butterfly,
and I come to usher you
Great Change.
I am a gift from Great Spirit,
whose ways are unknown to humankind
Learn from my people,
and change from the inside.
For this is the Wisdom of the Butterflies."

By Golly!!!
Suddenly,
I don't find him sinister and pompous anymore.
He has turned into
a most cheeky and charming butterfly!
I stop chasing those flirty dreams.
- Khema Yen, 14 November 2016, Full Moon in Taurus (Super Full Moon)

(The mandala above is titled, "A Most Sinister Butterfly")

No comments:

Post a Comment