Monday, November 21, 2016

Am I Able To Draw A Mandala?



Two questions that I am frequently asked are:
1. I cannot draw. Am I able to create a mandala?
2. I cannot draw. Can I attend your Mandala Journeying workshop?

The answer is a "Yes" to both questions. Because creating a mandala is not about drawing but more on focusing and centering yourself to express your inner stories, and Light within. This is how I draw my mandalas, and this is what I teach to my students.

I, myself, is not a professional artist. In fact, before I started my mandala journey, I had never considered myself an artist, nor had I thought I would be able to draw anything.

I started by knowing I could draw a circle, and I could center myself enough such that I was able to express whatever colours and forms that I was drawn to, inside the circle. That was my first step of my mandala journey.

Until today, I am still going along this journey, drawing and teaching along the way. Throughout these few years, I discovered so much about myself - my strengths and my weaknesses  and the rich stories of my inner self. Many times, my drawings provided an outlet for my Inner Child to express herself. And, I discovered I can draw a decent mandala after all.

I encourage students to draw whenever possible. There's always something to discover, and uncover. Something changes within every time a mandala is created. When the inner vibration changes, the outer vibration changes as well.

So, I repeat: Everyone can draw a mandala. And if you think you are not the artistic type, do attend my 2-day Mandala Journeying workshop. I'll help you discover that hidden, shy artist inside you.

Everyone can draw a mandala!

(The two mandalas above were drawn on 19 November 2016. It was a day of Bersih 5, and I decided to sit down, center myself and created two mandalas by just using white colour pencils on black paper)

1 comment:

  1. I like your second mandala as I can feel a very strong vibration

    ReplyDelete